Memory Issues

I got the LG enV Touch a month ago and I love it. I just have one big problem, memory issues. I got a brand new San Disk 8GB Micro SD memory card and I downloaded 700 songs that I had on Windows Media Player, about 10 photos and 3 Wallpapers onto it. Everything will work fine for a day or two and then... my wallpapers disappear, I can't view my photos and when I click on any of my songs I get a message saying, "FILE CANNOT BE SUPPORTED OR CANNOT BE READ."

I have contacted Verizon Customer Service 3 times in the past week about it. After the 3rd time, they told me to go to the store and exchange it for another brand new enV Touch. I did that last night and it worked just fine. Then when I wanted to listen to music this afternoon I had the same problem.

Also, just to let everyone know, before I got the card I was having issues as well. There would be times on my old phone when I would try to use the web browser and it wouldn't allow me to access due to "Insufficient Memory." I checked my phone memory (this is before I got the SD card) and it said the memory was only 35% full at 88 MB's.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do?

Comments

• what type of sd card are you using
  • I have a brand new San Disk 8 GB card
  • hmm thats what i have. have you tried using a different sd card? the card might be messed up
  • did you format ur card yet?
  • ozac might be right. sometimes you have to format it to your phone. this will erase everything so ake sure you have backups:)
  • Ozac:

Yes, I've formatted it and I've done a soft reset. I don't want to keep on having to do this everytime I want to view photos or listen to music. BTW, I didn't actually see them format the card at the store. I would've assumed they did. I'll call the guy to find out. I have his business card.
  • I don't want to switch cards. Maybe I'll just have to take this one back. Also, if they didn't format the phone at the store, I do have everything backed up on Windows media player.
  • so verizon put the card in for you. id format it. theres not much experience i have for them formating sd cards
  • the thing is, is did you format the card in your phone?
  • yes this is probably the fix
  • John,
    When we ask if you have formatted the card, we mean have you let the phone format the card. If you format it any way other than through the phones menu, performance can be erratic.
  • yup but i didnt format my card to this phone and it all worked. maybe is because i did it on my old phone
  • I texted the CSR at the Verizon store and he told me that he didn't format the card. I formatted it myself. I'm going to upload my music, photos and wallpapers. I'll let you know after 3 days how it went. If it lasts any less than 3 days without messing up again, then I'm going to exchange SD cards. Thanks for the help.
  • Just to let everyone know, it was a memory card issue. I exchanged the old one with a new one and I haven't had a problem for days. Thank you for your help.

Good wishes,
    John Wallencheck
  • Q:I got the LG enV Touch a month ago and I love it. I just have one big problem, memory issues. I got a brand new San Disk 8GB Micro SD memory card and I downloaded 700 songs that I had on Windows Media Player, about 10 photos and 3 Wallpapers onto it. Everything will work fine for a day or two and then... my wallpapers disappear, I can't view my photos and when I click on any of my songs I get a message saying, "FILE CANNOT BE SUPPORTED OR CANNOT BE READ."

I have contacted Verizon Customer Service 3 times in the past week about it. After the 3rd time, they told me to go to the store and exchange it for another brand new enV Touch. I did that last night and it worked just fine. Then when I wanted to listen to music this afternoon I had the same problem.

Also, just to let everyone know, before I got the card I was having issues as well. There would be times on my old phone when I would try to use the web browser and it wouldn't allow me to access due to "Insufficient Memory." I checked my phone memory (this is before I got the SD card) and it said the memory was only 35% full at 88 MB's.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do?
    A:Ok seems to be a problem with the card and I would get that exchanged, the browser error message you got was a different memory error as it would be the RAM it was referring to.
  • what firmware version do you have?
  • v941726 & KlineAJ:

Thanks for trying to help. I just posted right before you did that I have found out that it was the memory card giving me the problem. I've been using my wife's card for 3 days now with no problems whatsoever. If I were still using the old card, I would have issues within a day or two.

Good wishes,
    John Wallencheck
  • did you try to reformat it though?
  • Yes. I tried reformatting the card. I also kept doing "soft resets." Neither one worked. Meanwhile, as I said, I switched memory cards and I haven't had a problem.
  • did you have to buy a new one, or was it under warranty?
  • I had that problem with my first touch, but the store replaced it and I haven't had that problem with this one! Maybe you should just replace it again..?
  • I've had two LG Env Touches and neither has been able to even see my card. I do know that the 16g card is work as it's quickly recognized by my wife's Samsung Rogue. I've tried to format but I cannot even get there "Card Not Inserted". So what's going on? What am I doing wrong? I've got phone number 3 on the way!