***If you are upgrading to V09 from any version besides V08, note that you will have to upgrade to V08 first, using a program called LGNPST instead of the Mobile Update Tool***
0. If you are not logged in on an account with Administrator privileges, you should either do so, or be sure to run all programs as an Admin. Vista users may have to regardless.
1. Download http://rapidshare.com/files/365263414/enVTouch.zip and unzip the folder, preferably just to your Desktop, and within it you should see a LGNPSTv1.2 folder, a LGVX-11000 folder, and a polaris7 zip file. Download the LG Mobile Updater at http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client/app/Verizon/LGMobileUpdate.exe and install it.
2. On your enV Touch, go to the main Menu>Settings (and Tools)>USB Auto Detection, and select Modem Mode. You may also need to put your phone in Airplane mode, which you can do by going to the main Menu>Settings (and Tools)>Phone Settinga>Airplane Mode>On.
3. Connect your phone to your computer via USB, and if necessary run the Mobile Updater and install the USB drivers.
4. Identify what software version your enV Touch is running. To do this, on your phone, go to the main Menu>Settings (and Tools)>Phone Info>SW/HW Version. Then look at the version under [SW Version]; it should be VX11KV??. The ?? is what software version you are running.
If you are running V09, but your browser crashes the phone, skip to step 17.
If you are running V08, you don't need to perform the LGNPST steps, and can skip to step 16.
If you are running V07 or lower, you'll need to perform the LGNPST steps, so continue to step 5.
5. Go into the enV Touch folder you downloaded, then LGNPSTv1.2, then LG_NPST, and install all three Windows Installer Packages (the .msi files - LGNPST_Components_Ver_3_0_5_0.msi, LGNPST_GenericModels_Ver_3_0_7_0.msi, and LGNPSTv1.2_Store_Version.msi). Although I did not have to when I did this, it may be a good idea to restart your computer after installing all three .msi files.
6. Go to My Computer, then your C: drive, go to LG Electronics, (If you do not see LG Electronics, go into Phone Flashing Applications first) then LGNPST. If there is a folder called 'model' go there, otherwise create a new folder, name it 'model' (no quotation marks), and go into it.
7. From the enV Touch folder you downloaded, copy the LGVX-11000 folder, and paste it into this 'model' folder.
8. To open up the 'Run' command, press the Windows key and R, and then type this:
regsvr32 "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\model\LGVX-11000\VX11K.dll"
(regsvr32 "C:\Phone Flashing Applications\LG Electronics\LGNPST\model\LGVX-11000\VX11K.dll")
regsvr32 "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\model\LGVX-11000\VRZ/VX11K.dll"
(regsvr32 "C:\Phone Flashing Applications\LG Electronics\LGNPST\model\LGVX-11000\VRZ/VX11K.dll")
If you receive an error, go into either C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\model\LGVX-11000 or C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\model\LGVX-11000\VRZ and drag and drop the file VX11K.dll onto the program called Reggie.exe within that folder.
9. Turn your phone off, and remove the SD Card. Your phone should still be recognized by the computer after a few seconds of being connected but turned off.
10. Now get back to C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST (C:\Phone Flashing Applications\LG Electronics\LGNPST), and run LGNPST.exe. If you are running either Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on LGNPST.exe, go to Properties, go to the compatibility tab, and uncheck the compatibility box, then you can run LGNPST.exe.
11. It should detect your phone, but if it shows up as UNKNOWN as the model, Go to File>Select DLL, and then select the LGVX11K.dll file in whichever location you registered.
12. Below the table in which your phone should be listed as VX11000, select Upgrade under the Provision tab.
13. Down and to the right it should say BIN File, and to the right of that there should be a small folder icon, click on it. Select the VX11KV08_07.bin file in C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\model\LGVX-11000\VRZ (C:\Phone Flashing Applications\LG Electronics\LGNPST\model\LGVX-11000\VRZ)
14. Click START, and your phone should update to V08. It will take some time, and your phone will likely reboot. Wait until LGNPST says that it has completed the update.
If an error occurs during this process, you may need to go into the C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\model\LGVX-11000\VRZ (C:\Phone Flashing Applications\LG Electronics\LGNPST\model\LGVX-11000\VRZ) and rename VX11KV08_07.bin to VX11KV08.bin.
If you get the error "ERROR Unable to load [UtilCom] Component," check that you've installed all three .msi files, registered the .dll successfully, chosen the correct bin, and restarted your computer since installing the .msi files.
15. Check at this point that your phone is running V08 by going to the main Menu>Settings (and Tools)>Phone Info>SW/HW Version. Then look at the version under [SW Version]; it should be VX11KV08.