About iPad I Need Your Help Here!

edited September 2010 in enV Touch General
Hi I am thinking of buying my daughter one of the cheap Chinese ipad clones for xmas. she would only be surfing the net and maybe watching movies. Has anyone here had any experiance with http://www.brandsdragon.com/Notebook-UMPC-MID-st1-sid95.html ? There seems to be a lot of different types and prices out there. The ones with the rock chip proccessor seems to be getting the best reviews. I am just wondering if it woud be worth spending $100-$200.

Thanks

Comments

• edited September 2010
    rockchip is the best cheap one. DO NOT get those via8505 processors or whatever it is. those blow. from the information i've been gathering, it seems as if your best options are:
    rockchip (cheap)
    zenithink zt-180
    m16 orphan
    eken m006
    witstech a-81 7" (dual boot android and windows...awesome but no camera)

rockchip will be the best bang for ur buck if shell just be using it for browsing and movies.
    the other ones listed are larger 10" (not the a-81) like ipad and have working android market place so she can get apps. the chinese tablets that came out in the summer time have issues with the market place and require some tinkering to get working. if your tech savvy and dont mind reading tons of google pages and tablet forums, then you'll get by just fine.

i think the m006 and orphan are capable of dual booting, however the witstech is designed specifically for dual booting windows and android ,which is awesome. its 200 bones (among the cheapest dual booting tablets) and the processor is pretty fast.

Id stay away from any of the tablets thatll be above 200-250 bucks. If your gonna spend more than that, you might as well spend the extra couple hundo and get a sweet ass ipad.

ive been looking into getting one of these chinese tabs for myself but ive been too scared to do it haha. from the research ive done, id get one of the few that i listed for you. at this point, those are ur best bets when it comes to cheapness and usefulness.
  • also, have you thought about just gettin her an ipod touch? you can surf the web, watch movies, and it fits in your pocket, or her purse with ease. solid battery life too. and its an apple = quality
  • I love this X10 MID Tablet PC 7 Inch WIFI Ebook Office 1080P H.264 2GB Camera HDMI Apad! It is free shipping.
  • I want to buy a 10 inch one. Do you have better sufggsetions?
  • edited September 2010
    i think the best 10 inchers are:
    zenithink zt-180
    m16 orphan
    eken m006

all of the above are more or less similar. give em a look-see.
  • Have you made your decision?
  • edited April 2011
    rockchip will be the best bang for ur buck if shell just be using it for browsing and movies.
    the other ones listed are larger 10" (not the a-81) like ipad and have working android market place so she can get apps. the chinese tablets that came out in the summer time have issues with the market place and require some tinkering to get working. if your tech savvy and dont mind reading tons of google pages and tablet forums, then you'll get by just fine.