Pandora finally on the enV Touch

I have an idea that if we were to modify the swf file for Pandora and swap it out for the world clock app, we might be able to get it to work. I am just starting this out, and I am trying to just get it to work right without any changes to the coding yet. I just wanted to know if there is anyone out there that knows AS1 or AS2 (not sure which it's in) because there is one AS file that was included, and it has 75475 lines of code... a bit much for one person. If I can get this thing to work, are there any volunteers to help design an app? Only requirement is that you can read Action Script (even if you can't you might be of some help, as it is similar in some ways to html, javascript and all that good stuff).

Comments

• ur dreams are ambitious. keep up the good work. would help you out, totes mcgoats, but i won't have this phone anymore. Ill have the real pandora woo hoo! and stay out of my closet.
  • Thank you, it seems as if everyone is getting a new phone now a days, leaving those of us with the touch out of luck. I myself would love to get a new phone, I would love to get the Droid X, but as of now, I just cannot afford the extra $30 a month... maybe in another year or so.
  • I think I may have found the issue, so we just need to find out where in the coding it is being caused. If you notice, when pandora loads, there is a little padlock in the lower righthand corner for about half a second when the loading bar is about 3/4 of the way. I assume this is some sort of copyright, or sitelock feature, as I cannot get passed this part if I try and run the pandora swf from my desktop...

Well, thats a start, we know what we are looking for, now just to find out where it is.
  • do you have a data plan? cuz pandora will be using data when you run it. Do you know of any non-smart verizon phones that are running Pandory? Maybe try to a phone like the versa or something that is running pandora then change your platform ID to that phone, and download pandora. I doubt pandora is running on those phones tho. give it another month, im sure pandora will be released. touch is actually gettin some good stuff lately
  • well, no dumb phones run pandora on verizon unfortunately. keep tryin tho.
  • did you get it to work if so can you post a link thx:)
  • If you do not have an Unlimited Dataplan, using Pandora on the enV Touch will use large amounts of data. I would highly suggest not doing this if your data plan is less than $30 a month.