Opera Mini Browser available

edited March 2011 in enV Touch General
You may be interested to know that the Opera Mini Browser is now available for the enV Touch and it's a free app. My initial impression is it's faster than the original browser, but it doesn't automatically change orientation when rotating the phone from portrait to landscape mode and I'm also not seeing how to zoom the text. Perhaps you will give it a try and we can figure it out?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I've been using the Opera Mini Browser for many months now, Love the Homescreen and the revised keyboard. A 100% suggested buy for anyone that uses internet. I've also noticed if you have a limited data plan, you will get more webpages than the Polaris browser.

EDIT: This is kind of old news though. If you look back a few topics you will know what I mean.
  • Is there a way to make the Opera Mini Browser the default browser so when I tap a link in an email Opera will open instead of Polaris? Also, how do you zoom the screen to make the text larger in Opera?
  • You cannot zoom with Opera, and you can not make it your official browser.
  • I'll take your word for it, but if you can't zoom the page that means it is unreadable in many cases. What use is a browser on a phone that presents micro-size text?
  • under 'menu' then settings, you can increase the font size to large. It helps some with text, but images are the same. And you can flip open to the internal screen to change the orientationof the page, but then you'll have to use the arrow pad, no touch obviously. I use the Polaris browser, zoom is too important to me.