Recording Phone Calls??

edited August 2009 in enV Touch Help Me!
I do not see the option for recording phone calls. Does anybody know if this phone can do this. Not under options in the middle of the call.

Comments

• edited September 2009
    I would like to know if this phone is able to do this too. I had the LG 8600 it treated me well, but the touch is da bomb. So far this is the only thing i miss.
  • can do it with phone open, just press spacebar while in a call and it will record the other party's voice only,
  • i hold down the clr button but it only sometimes records it..i will try the spacebar though
  • OK, so after the conversation is finsihed, then what? And where will it be saved to?
    Thanks,
    Monica
  • I have v08 firmware (not sure if this matters), and I can confirm, upon repeated successful tests, that this function works.
    To do this:
    1). Phone must be flipped open
    2). While in a call, press "space" button (hold for 1-2 seconds until you hear the audio cut out for a split second)
    3). Recording ends when you end the call

The audio cut-out (after pressing and holding "space" key for 1-2 seconds)is the only indication that I have found to let you know when you start recording, and recording seems to last the duration of the call, although i have not tested out the extent of recording time possible with this function.

These recordings are saved as sound files within the "my sounds" section of music&tones.

These recordings are also one-way, only picking up what the other end is saying.
  • I seem to be the only one having this as a real problem. I hold down my spacebar, and all I hear is some tone coming from my phone, and the other person doesn't seem to hear it. I'd like to automatically record all of my calls, but right now I can't even record part of a call. Any advice?
  • Just a thought... Do you have an sd card? That might affect it. I know blackberries won't let you record video without one.
  • can i record the call longer then 5 minutes? does anyone have an answer? i have a 16gb SD card so plenty of room...and it does record up to 5 minutes then stops...anyone with an answer?
  • Why record locally? Record to the net. Easiest and quickest way to record any length phone call is through CallTrunk (http://www.calltrunk.com). Cloud-based, keeps the call saved and available forever, free for the first 25 minutes. Contact me at ted@calltrunk.com for more information.