Although the UI on the vx11000 is nice, Android OS is a lot more supported and expandable.
I propose we port the Android OS to the Env touch.
Doing some research in this I have discovered a few things:
1. The chipset in the Env-Touch is Qualcomm msm7500a ( will post pictures of the guts later)
2. HTC-Touch already has a working branch for android linux for msm7XXXa devices.
3. We would need to either write our own bootloader, or hack into LG's/qualcomm
4. Figure out how to flash the bootloader
5. Get android OS files onto the phone (possibly using the microsd card)
Set up your machine for development
I am trying to find a good website to host a wiki, git and project managment.