DUN. HACK...USE YOUR PHONES INTERNET ON YOUR COMPUTER ANYWHERE!!!

Comments

• While I couldn't recreate your error, I did find something interesting. I tried changing the password and the number@vzw3g.com, and the connection still worked, albeit very slowly. I don't know if my PC somehow saved the correct settings, but it seems strange that it would connect with other entries.
    Did you make sure that the .dun was removed in the service menu?
  • Does anyone notice if the phone show any data being transmitted?
  • mine tells me it is. im getting about 7.2 mb/sec speed. thats when i use usb. bluetooth is about 3mb. im surprised at the speed. but i changed the speed in properties of the connection to the max and win 7 adjusted it accordingly. its faster than most hotspots
  • but does the phone show the total data that it has sent on the phone, not the speed on the computer?
  • yes. in phone settings. also you can log in to verizon and click view bill
  • but does your data total change. mine does not
  • yes. on the phone its instant. on the web it might take an hour or so..hopefully when you log in to the web, your allowance of data will say unlimited
  • You know, I've been using this hack for several months now, and I have never thought to check my data usage. I just got on my VW account, and it shows that I have no data usage. Now, I use my internet for everything, downloading, streaming, EVERYTHING! I wonder if maybe because I have my internet through the VPak if they don't keep track of data usage. Does anyone know if this might be the case?
  • VPak is unlimited. I have it also and have seen no sign yet that they are tracking my usage.
  • ive had to use over a gig this month and havent been charged extra. called to make sure. they said i was grandfathered in and it doesnt matter
  • SO I tried this for MAC, and it came up saying it cant set up your device as a dial-up modem because the bluetooth interface isnt available. it tells me to open network preferences to add it, and ive looked all over network preferences and cant find anything about bluetooth interface. SOMEONE please help =(
  • on 2:09 where you select one of the two options my computer didnt show that. it went straight to the next part of your video where you put in all the info. i have the connection set up but it doesnt connect. i have windows vista too is there any settings i need to change?
  • cant remember macs that well. but there should be a usb modem with the vx11000 when you connect it with the cable. then use the hack settings
  • edited March 2010
    I'm not sure if it's related, but I just checked myverizon and there is a new catagory for domestic data used (showing 1MB used) that wasn't there before. I'm not sure if this means that they have seen that I've tethered my phone since v8, but it seems strange that it would just now show up.
  • no. for certain things. should always be 0
  • does this only work on laotops?
  • does this only work on laotops?

no. same thing
  • Does anyone have the issue of error 678 when trying to dial out to the phone via number 777? I've done everything exactly like it was posted here, but I just can't connect to the phone. Any input would be much appreciated.
  • Does anyone have the issue of error 678 when trying to dial out to the phone via number 777? I've done everything exactly like it was posted here, but I just can't connect to the phone. Any input would be much appreciated.

a few things come to mind. yes, ive had that message. but you have to be more specific. bluetooth, dial-up? are you connected somewhere else? laptop? if you want a quick and dirty answer, reboot your computer
  • I too, like other above, have noticed that Verizon does not show any data usage either on the web or by dialing #data. I use my phone to connect and play World Of Warcraft. The game uses moderate data usage. It doesn't eat up as much data as downloading programs/movies, but I would like to track this usage some how so I can prevent being extra "greedy".

Any thoughts as to why Verizon does not seem to be showing the data usage? And is there a way to check it on my phone? I acutally use a Voyager Touch.
  • well, i pushed the envelope big with them. nothing. they show it now cuz they updated their website..almost realtime. its for their purposes so im told. right now, doesnt matter to us saps. poor bastards in the future it will im sure. lol
  • I too, like other above, have noticed that Verizon does not show any data usage either on the web or by dialing #data. I use my phone to connect and play World Of Warcraft. The game uses moderate data usage. It doesn't eat up as much data as downloading programs/movies, but I would like to track this usage some how so I can prevent being extra "greedy".

Any thoughts as to why Verizon does not seem to be showing the data usage? And is there a way to check it on my phone? I acutally use a Voyager Touch.

DANG.. you are playing WOW with the phone modem? Isn't the connection slow? I would be cautious about using so much data ... Maybe it's just me being paranoid.
  • Just found this website last night.. WOW I am learning so many new tricks on my EnV Touch. I dont have internet at home but do have the unlimited web plan on my cell so im planning on trying to connect my laptop to my cell at home.. hopefully all your information will help me to do it. Thanks so much.
  • ok i cannot get this to work i have downloaded the driver and everthing triple check the fields where i have to enter info. everything but it dials #777 fine but then it gets to verifying username and password and it fails
    please help me
  • dust: how does it fail? what message do you get?
  • I get......

Error 692

The remote connection was denied because the user name and password combination you provided is not recognized, or the selected authentication protocol is not permitted on the remote access server.
  • try turning off all authentication
  • how do i do that
  • ok i disabled it then just gives me some crap about not being able to register the phone...sorry i am not near a hotspot atm im doin this on the phone itself
  • go into your connection window and click configure. you see them in there . turn all ofthem off