Just thought I'd share this, It was not my discovery, but I don't remember my exact source. So sorry to you if it's your thunder I'm stealing.
I've used this to get VZ Navigator and Mobile Mail. These are all I can verify working at this point.
Bitpim (v1.0.7) which is the unstable release www.bitpim.org
*Update* apparantly bitpim v1.0.6 official works as well
Phone and USB cable
Data Plan Recommended for using VZ Navigator
1) Download VZ Navigator make sure it's the full version for 9.99/month (i wasn't charged for it since it was removed within hours of downloading it, but i make no promises here)(this also works with other subscription apps), and make sure its up to date by running it once or twice) Then make sure to Install BitPim, plug in phone and let it load the drivers if you haven't done so.
2) Start Bitpim, it will likely recognize the phone as 'Other CDMA phone on COM3'. (com port # may vary)
**edit 10-28-09, the new version of BitPim recognizes this correctly as a VX-11000, regardless it still works either way**
3) Click Edit in Bitpim, and then Settings. Change Phone Type to LG-VX10000 (Voyager) and then click ok. The bottom of bitpim should show it as the voyager with a yellow circle.
4) Click View in Bitpim, then View Filesystem.
5) Click the Plus next to the folder. It will take a minute for it to propogate the data. Then Find the folder called 'brew' and right click it. You should see an option to Backup Entire Tree (don't do as I did and click Backup Directory..it will not work. This part will take a long time. I didn't time it, but 10-15 minutes or so. You can see the progress at the bottom of bitpim. Once it's gone through it's entire process you may save it to wherever you'd like. Just remember where.
6) Disconnect your phone. Go to Menu, Media Center, Browse and Download and remove the application from the phone(cancel subscription). Then power the phone down and back on.
7) Bitpim should still be up and active, so plug the phone back in and again click the plus next to the folder to let it propogate.
8)Right Click on the 'brew' folder and choose Restore... Select the .zip file you saved and when the window pops up to select the files to restore click ok. Again this part takes a while. But once it is complete you are nearly done.
9) Disconnect the phone, reboot the phone and you should be all set. Note* VZ Navigator will re-update itself, this is normal.
If there are questions I'll do my best to answer them.
**Updated Info as of 10-28-09**
Answers to many frequently asked questions.
-This process must be followed for every phone from start to finish, you cannot use a backup from one phone on another.
-This will not work for Visual Voice Mail
-The original instructions above are still correct, but our phone is now supported by bitpim and will show as a VX-11000 as it should. The COM Port is different for many users, this is normal.
-Using VZ Navigator, if you change the audible voice to another one after cancelling, it for some people has re-activated the subscription for the software and will need to be cancelled again. This will likely result in a charge for the month.
-Updating your phones firmware to V04 and V05 will not deactivate this. I've confirmed this with my own enV Touch. And it will most likely work with future firmware as well.
-Many users have confirmed that they have been charged for a month of usage. But the charge disappears for the following month. There is no guarantee one way or the other, I was not charged but I was one of the early adopters of this 'hack'. Just be prepared for this, as Verizon will most likely not reverse this charge.