Notepad

edited July 2009 in enV Touch Apps
Has anyone noticed that when you save notes in the notepad
2-3 weeks later they are gone
WTF
anyone know whats up

Comments

• I'll keep an eye out for that. But so far all the notes I have made are still on my phone. But I less than 10 notes. How many did you have when they were wiped out?
  • 3 this is ridiculous
  • Well, I wouldn't call that a heavy load. My oldest note is from July 3rd.
  • I have the same issue with my env touch. A user on a different forum figured out how to duplicate it. If the Qwerty shortcut is set to Notepad, and you save some notes, turn off the phone, turn it back on, and then start typing on the keyboard inside to start a note, and save it, it will erase all other notes.
    I would be interested to know if this is true for other users.
  • Why is that funny?
  • Using the keypad erases notes... Ouch
  • Really, because I use the internal keypad almost exclusively and I'ved never lost anything.
  • My last note is from October first and I almost always use the internal keyboard also. I would call Verizon about it if I were you.
  • Does anyone know where the phone stores the notepad files in the filesystem?
  • I found my own answer: root\sch\memo.dat
  • I don't think the path and file dizcover gave is right (no offense, I don't even have a guess, I'm still looking) for the simple reason that my memo.dat file is dated a week ago, but I know I've made multiple changes since then - many changes. Just an fyi that we might not be able to depend on that being THE notepad file that some of us would like to backup from time to time.
  • Don't rely on filesystem dates in BitPim either. If you go through the directory you'll find a lot of odd dates. Don't count on it updating modified dates on all files.
  • My notes are also erasing themselves after a couple of weeks.
  • I've had notes for a few months and they're never erased.
  • I've still got the same notes I put on my phone when I first got it, at least 5 months now.
  • Appreciate the inputs. Apparently the note behavior can vary. I was just pleased and relieved to find the text I was looking for - and if my sleuthing wound up helping someone else, that's a happy thing too. :)
  • I noticed that when I set my Notepad as a Qwerty shortcut,that's when the problems started occurring with my saved notes being erased. Before then, I had saved notes that stayed in my phone for months.
  • No note probs here, but then I don't have a qwerty shortcut either. By the sounds of it, it's not a good idea.
  • Just a question cause it hadn't been asked. What firmware do u have?